The Arts Center of the Capital Region offers grant opportunities for individual artists, artists in schools, and arts organizations.
2016 DEC Guidelines:
- For 2016 DEC grant funding.
- REQUIRED for all new Grant Applicants, STRONGLY recommended for all previous applicants
- Remember to submit your complete rough-draft grant application ONE WEEK prior to your meeting date.
Sign up for an Application Intensive Workshop
Two sessions offered, for those who require assistance entering their applications electronically, or who do not have access to a computer.
- –> Book October 29th (9:00am – 4:00pm) @ Arts Center of the Capital Region <–
- –> Book November 7th (10:00am – 4:00pm) @ Arts Center of the Capital Region <–
- Intent to apply process opens August 14th, 2015.
- Application “How To” seminars held September 2015 to October 2015, around the region.
- Intent to Apply deadline is October 23rd, 2015. You MUST submit an intent to apply.
- Grant Application Deadline: December 5, 2015 @ 11:59pm (Midnight)
(For Projects Taking Place April 2016 – March 2017)
About these Grants:
Community Arts Grants are available in Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady Counties through a competitive re-grant program administered by The Arts Center of the Capital Region (ACCR). Funds are provided on a statewide basis through the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) – Decentralization Program to fund public arts experiences and foster creative communities.
Arts Education Grants are available in Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady Counties through a competitive re-grant program administered by The Arts Center of the Capital Region (ACCR) . Funds are provided on a statewide basis through the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Decentralization Program to support the role that local cultural organizations and/or individual artists play in engaging k-12 public school students in rich artistic learning experiences. The funds are designed to support arts education projects in k-12 school settings.
Individual Artist Commissions are available in Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady Counties through a competitive re-grant program administered by The Arts Center of the Capital Region (ACCR) . Funds are provided on a statewide basis through the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Decentralization Program to fund public arts experiences and foster creative communities. 1 minimum, 2 maximum will be awarded per county, based on funding levels. An essential element of funding for the Individual Artist Commission is the inclusion of community involvement in the development and creative process of the artists’ project. The project must encompass a segment of the community through some form of feedback, response, interaction and/or social practice. Projects that limit public participation to performances or exhibitions after the work has been executed are not eligible.
- Grant Seminar attendance is a requirement for all first time applicants and Strongly Recommended for all previous applicants, as requirements and restrictions may change on a yearly basis.
- Submission of Intent to Apply, is a requirement for ALL applicants. (Available late August.)
- Submit your Intent to Apply early, so you have time for revision. We are ready to assist you in making your proposal(s) as strong as possible
Other information and downloads for applicants;
- Fiscal Sponsor Guidelines 2016with Not-for-profit eligibility requirement
- Fiscal Sponsor Agreement 2016 fillable
APPLICANTS, CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN INFORMATIONAL POWER POINT PRESENTATION ON THIS YEARS GRANTS!
ACCR CULTURAL PLAN:
Our grant funding priorities are informed by The Art Center’s Cultural Plan, which reflects our mission and outlines the goals and action steps intended to achieve that mission as it relates to our support of the Capital Region’s artistic health and community. This is intended to be a living document, influenced by and responsive to community input. Our grant panelists reflect upon it during the grant review and funding process, and it is reflected in the scoring rubrics used during grant panels. To read the ACCR CULTURAL PLAN 2015 click here.
2015 Grant Recipients
The Arts Center of the Capital Region is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2015 Community Arts, Arts in Education, and Individual Artist Commission DEC Grants. Each year The Arts Center delivers grants to local individual artists and arts organizations to create high quality arts and culture programs that engage the communities within Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady Counties.
The Capital District is a vibrant community where the value of the arts is evident. This year over 100 grant applications were received, nearly three times the number submitted in 2014. This testifies to the creativity of Capital Region community members and the desire to express the arts in all its forms and share it with others.
This year’s awards total nearly $75,000 and were granted to 25 artists and organizations. The Arts Center is proud to be able to provide this valuable resource through a partnership with the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) re-grant program. The winners will utilize funding to grow professionally and to enhance the cultural climate in communities and neighborhoods in our region.
|2015 Grant recipients: Community Arts|
|Albany Area Senior Orchestra|
|Catholic Charities Tri County Services|
|Grafton Community Library|
|Downtown Albany Restoration Program|
|Hindu Temple Society of Capital District|
|Independent Living Center of the Hudson Valley, Inc.|
|Nassau Free Library|
|Oakwood Community Center|
|The Social Justice Center of Albany|
|Troy Area United Ministries|
|Troy Bike Rescue|
|Troy Children’s Chorus at First United Presbyterian Church|
|Troy Public Library|
|YWCA of the Greater Capital Region|
|Arts in Education|
|Veena and Devesh Chandra|
|Cohoes Performing Arts Booster Club|
|Heatley Parent Teacher Organization @ Green Island Free School|
|Joanne Van Genderen|