Become a part of The Arts Center community!
Whether you’d like to become a member, a volunteer, apply for an internship or for a residency, we are happy to have you join our community.
To learn more about membership, visit our memberships page.
Click here to find out more on becoming a volunteer.
To apply for an internship, visit our internships page.
Click here to link to our “Submittable” page. Submit applications for Arts Center programs, events, and involvement opportunities.
Bookmarks: A series of group readings & performances as part of the Memoir Project
Call for submissions:
The Memoir Project, a program of The Arts Center of the Capital Region, invites submissions for Bookmarks, an annual series of group readings and performances featuring work that is grounded in personal experience. We encourage both experienced writers and creators, as well as those whose work has not previously been presented publicly or published, to submit work.
Bookmarks is a thematically differentiated group reading and/or performance. Each event is curated and hosted by a different individual, hand selected from our region’s richly diverse community. Chosen for their unique personal experiences and professional expertise, the curators decide on their theme. Details about the submission criteria and schedule for each curator are listed here and on our website. Each individual reading category has a separate submission date approximately 3/4 weeks prior. Works will be evaluated on quality, creativity, and relevance to the broader Memoir Project theme (i.e. Does the work mine the personal to express the universal?) as well as the individual themes set by each curator.
- Interested writers/creators are to submit online at our “submittable” web portal.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on the date indicated. The submission window will close at that time.
- Submissions should not exceed length specified on the submission form.
- You may submit to multiple curators, but only once per theme. Download the call for submissions (listing all event themes) Bookmarks call for entries 2014-2015
- All applicants will be notified at least ten days before the event, or once the curator has chosen readers/presenters.
- Keep the date OPEN in case you are selected!
Victorian Stroll Window Decorating Contest
- Local businesses have until Nov. 1 to sign up to participate in the Victorian Stroll Window Decorating contest and indicate that they would like to be paired with an artist to design their window.
- The Arts Center will match an artist with a local business. The artist and business will then collaborate together on the overall look, feel and design of the window. It will be up to the participating artist and business to agree on the design and decoration.
- The local business will be responsible for providing the supplies and materials needed to design and decorate the window.
- The artist will donate their time to design, plan and decorate the window.
- Judging will take place Wednesday, December 2nd, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The window must be completed by 5 PM on Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories this year: Best in Show, Best use of Theme & People’s Choice. The people’s choice award will be carried our via online voting. The Rens. Co. Chamber will post all windows in a photo gallery on their website for voting.