Become a part of The Arts Center community!
Whether you’d like to become a member, a volunteer, apply for an internship or for a residency, we are happy to have you join our community.
To learn more about membership, visit our memberships page.
Click here to find out more on becoming a volunteer.
To apply for an internship, visit our internships page.
EXPLORE. CREATE. GROW.
Artist in Residence Program @ The Arts Center of the Capital Region
The Arts Center of the Capital Region is pleased to announce a new Artist in Residence (AIR) program beginning January 5th, 2015. These residences will run for three months and are offered three times during the calendar year. Awarded artists are given a 553 square foot private studio and granted full access to the The Art Center’s dynamic and diverse facilities, studios and talented instructors.
One selected Artist in Residence will also have the opportunity for full access to the maker space at The Tech Valley Center of Gravity in addition to The Art Centers resources, made possible by a generous partnership with The Center of Gravity. This unique duel residency is a truly remarkable opportunity and further explores the impact science and technology can have on art. It is the goal of the The Arts Center and The Center of Gravity to support local, innovative artists in the creative process by providing them with an opportunity for growth and experimentation in this cross-medium platform residency, and foster the development of new work.
Regional artists, of any media are welcome to apply. (visual artists, writers, multimedia artists, designers and musicians, etc are all welcome.) Artists must live within the following counties; Rensselaer, Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, Warren, Fulton, Montgomery, Schoharie, Columbia or Greene, and may NOT be enrolled in a college or university at the time of residency. The Application Process for the 2014 residencies will begin on August 18th, 2014, when the submission link goes live, and the deadline for submissions is October 6, 2014. Final Selection will be completed by November 21st, 2014.
To find out more details and submit an application, Click here.
Victorian Stroll Window Decorating Contest
- Local businesses have until Nov. 1 to sign up to participate in the Victorian Stroll Window Decorating contest and indicate that they would like to be paired with an artist to design their window.
- The Arts Center will match an artist with a local business. The artist and business will then collaborate together on the overall look, feel and design of the window. It will be up to the participating artist and business to agree on the design and decoration.
- The local business will be responsible for providing the supplies and materials needed to design and decorate the window.
- The artist will donate their time to design, plan and decorate the window.
- Judging will take place Wednesday, December 2nd, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The window must be completed by 5 PM on Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories this year: Best in Show, Best use of Theme & People’s Choice. The people’s choice award will be carried our via online voting. The Rens. Co. Chamber will post all windows in a photo gallery on their website for voting.