We hope your experience at The Arts Center is an enjoyable and fulfilling one! Please direct your questions, comments, or suggestions to (518)273-0552 x 231.
THE ARTS CENTER’S CLASS REFUND POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS:
- There will be a $25.00 charge for each returned check.
- The Arts Center cannot pro-rate single or multiple sessions of a course. We are not responsible for classes missed due to illness or student’s other commitments.
- If a class is canceled by The Arts Center, payment may be applied toward another class or refunded to the student.
- If you withdraw one week prior to the start of a class, your tuition and materials fee can be retained in a residual account to be applied to a future class, or refunded, less a 10% service charge on tuition.
- Funds will be held in a residual account for 12 months from the start date of the class. Unused residual monies will be forfeited after one year.
- If you withdraw less than one week prior to the class start date, or after the class has started, no tuition or materials fee will be refunded. Please understand that our faculty are under contract and that space/materials have been acquired one week prior to class start date. There are no exceptions.
- Memberships and AM/PM care fees from camps are not refundable.
- Refund checks may take up to 4-6 weeks to process. Credit card payments will be credited to the cardholder’s account.
- Craft for Credit classes are governed by Hudson Valley Community College’s refund policies. Please refer to their website, www.hvcc.edu or call 518-629-4574 for information. Please note that HVCC requires that withdrawal requests be submitted directly to the Campus Registrar’s office in writing.
Class Cancellation + Closing Information
Unusually severe weather, emergencies or other situations may occasionally require that The Arts Center be closed.
The decision to cancel, postpone classes, or close The Arts Center is usually determined by 6:30 a.m. when inclement weather occurs overnight. The decision to cancel classes may also occur during the scheduled day and shall be reported at least one and one-half (1-1/2) hours prior to the announced cancellation time under most conditions. It may be necessary to update postings/alerts depending on the conditions.
The Arts Center will make every attempt to reschedule classes due to severe weather. Make-up dates are added whenever possible onto the end of the class session. If a class cannot be added to the end of a session or is a one-day class, we do our best to reschedule a class that works best with all parties involved.
CRAFT FOR COLLEGE CREDIT
The Arts Center offers certain classes in partnership with Hudson Valley Community College. These classes include: Introduction to Pottery, Pottery II/Intermediate, Advanced Pottery, Introduction to Furniture Making, Advanced Furniture Making, Jewelry I, II, and III, Stained Glass I and II, and Introduction to Printmaking.
These classes are open to the public, high school students, HVCC students, and students from outside college seeking credit. The cost is $363.60 for NYS residents and $1,047.60 for Out-of-State residents (effective Fall 2015). There is a mandatory $95.00 studio/materials fee for all classes.
To register for these classes, even if you are not seeking credit, you must call the Registrar at (518) 273-0552 x231. All students must submit a residency form to pay the NYS resident rate.
Procedures for obtaining a Certificate of Residency may vary by county. Please call your treasurer’s office or city/town clerk to confirm procedures in your community.
The Arts Center offers gift certificates for all occasions! Gift certificates can be used towards a class, membership, ticket sales, and artwork sales. To purchase a gift certificate, call (518) 273-0552 x231 or stop at the front desk during business hours. Gift certificate sales are non-refundable.
CREATE MORE, SAVE MORE!
If you buy four or more classes on the same order, and pay in full, you are eligible for a 10% discount*. This applies to member and non-member rates. This discount cannot be combined with any other discount, and cannot be applied to materials fees, HVCC courses, Family Sundays, or applied retroactively. This discount cannot be applied to online purchases and must be made by calling the Registrar at (518)273-0552 x 231, or registering in person. This offer may be discontinued at any time. *If you withdraw from one or more class early, your entire discount will be forfeited.
CREATIVE FAMILIES PRICING
Creating is more fun when you’re with the ones you love, but it shouldn’t cost more! Experience a class with a family member or friend; bring your mom, dad, grandparent, niece, sister, spouse/partner, best friend, or anyone in your “family”. When two or more family members create together and in the same class, the second member, and each additional member receives 30% off the cost of tuition. These classes are hand picked each semester to encourage all “family” members to create a project together.
This discount cannot be applied to online purchases and must be made by calling the Registrar at (518)273-0552 x 231, or registering in person. Please note: Materials fees for each member will vary based on the class and project. Online class descriptions and the printed catalog will note if a class qualifies for this special pricing. This offer may be discontinued at any time and may not be used toward other classes listed, unless otherwise specified.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: (518) 273-0552
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.